Monday, January 14, 2008

Holidays and Health? No WAY!!!

Look at this picture (to the left) What do you see? I mean besides me sticking my hand out the window which makes my arm and hand foreshortened like some superhero such as Batman or Superman in a comic book. If you look very closely, behind me you see my wife eating potato chips.

Click on the picture to see it BIG!! Something was hanging down from the visor. I am not sure what it was.

Do you have the same problem that I do? During the end of the year holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) I have a very hard time not over eating. This is especially true when family reunions happen during this time and every one is cooking up a storm. Who wants to not eat delicious food?

Then there are those Christmas parties. Oh yeah. I took pictures of just one Christmas program that I went to at our church school. When you get through reading this blog, head on over to http://pixcited.com/ and you can see them there under the Christmas Program directory. Well, it might be there pretty soon. From the tables heavily laden with deserts, you would think that nobody cared anything about any body's health. I mean there were brownies, divinity, cookies, pies, cakes, chocolate candies, and even a gingerbread house. I did not think anyone would eat the gingerbread house, but I was wrong. After the Christmas program all the teenagers came off the stage and they were HUNGRY. So among other things, they attacked the gingerbread house and ate it all up. It was an amazing sight to behold.

But I helped a considerable portion of all the goodies disappear. I had a big glass of hot apple cider, some brownies, a piece of chocolate with nuts in it, a slice of pumpkin pie and a few cookies. Somehow, my stomach felt a bit uneasy on the drive home and since I had eaten so much sugar laced food, we stopped and bought a couple of hamburgers.

You may not have guessed this, but... I haven't lost any weight. And I don't even wonder why that is. The only good news I can report is that I haven't gained any weight either. At least I don't think I have. But... my pants are getting awfully tight again, and I don't want to buy any more larger pants. Really. I am trying to go the other way. I am trying, but not succeeding very well.

I notice I haven't published anything new in a long time. I am just about to give up trying to get healthy and just start enjoying life. I know that is really going to disappoint my doctor as he keeps hoping I will actually lose some weight. That is a nice thought, but it looks like it isn't going to happen. Hmmm. Some people have been telling me about some amazing weight loss assistant goodies that help to control appetite. Maybe I will try some of these.

Any way, notice is hereby given that this blog is going to be about more then just health. It is going to be more of a "what I did today" sort of thing. Oh, and I might just mention some of my views on things that happen too. Hope you enjoy the change.



Sincerely,

David

Posted by Picasa

No comments: