Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Incredibly Smart Cats

To the left you can see one of my incredibly smart cats named Silly Rocket Girl. It is a long story how she got this name, and if you want to hear it, respond to this blog and I will tell it to you.



Click on the photo to see it really big!!



One night recently Silly Girl stood over by the bathroom door and meowed to get into the bathroom. At least that is what my wife and I thought she was doing. So I stopped what I was doing and got up out of my chair to let her in the bathroom. But as I opened the bathroom door, she scurried away and.... ran over and jumped up into my chair that I had just been sitting in. She never really wanted to go into the bathroom at all. She just wanted me to get up out of my chair so she could sit there. When I realized I had been outsmarted by a cat, I called it an evening and went off to bed, leaving a very happy and satisfied Silly Girl in possession of the chair. Now if this is not a proof of superior intelligence in a cat, I really do not know what is.



Even as I type this very blog, I am having to sit on the very edge of my computer chair because Silly Girl is taking up 3/4 of the chair and sleeping there. She did let me move her ever so slightly so I could at least sit down. I guess you might say that she, along with all our other cats, is spoiled. But when she is so smart, I hate to think what she might do if I make her move.

Sincerely,
David A. Youngs

No comments: