Thursday, October 2, 2008

John the Revelator REVEALS!!

John the beloved disciple of Jesus says that the person
who does not love his brother whom he HAS seen has
not got a clue about how to love an invisible God who
he has NOT even seen.
 
Then in the parable of the goats and the sheep, Jesus
separates them according to how well they loved other
people. He sets the sheep on one side and the goats
on the other. Then he tells all the people in both groups
why he put all them in that particular group.
 
To the Sheep he says, "you fed me when I was hungry.
You clothed me when I was naked. When I was homeless
you took me in. You visited me in prison." In other words,
you LOVED on me.
 
They of course ask "When did we do any of these things
to you?"
 
And Jesus answers, "As you have done it to the least of
these my brothers, you have done it to me."
 
Wow! Jesus is calling all of us his brother. That means
that we are related!! When Jesus came as a human,
now we are all his brothers and sisters. He was given
to the human race, and will forever be a human through
eternity.
 
And Jesus says, because we are all brothers, how we
treat people around us right now is just like doing it to
Jesus.
 
Now this is incredible love. To voluntarily become part
of your creation. For example, I have created several
computer programs. But I would never consider
lowering myself to the point where I would become a
lowly computer program, and give up my humanity.
I can't even imagine considering doing that, even if
somehow I could.
 
But in effect, that is what Jesus did. He was so much
higher than us it is like comparing us to ants. How
many of you would become an ant to save the ants?
Right. I would not do it.
 
But Jesus loved us so much, he volunteered to
become human. He stepped out of His
Omnipresence or ability to be everywhere at 
once and is now limited by his human body. He
can only be ONE place at a time now. He gave
up far more than we will ever be able to
comprehend.
 
I believe we will be studying His great gift to us
for all of eternity. This gift is so huge, so big, it
will take us forever just to begin understanding
it. I understand only the tiniest portion. But I
love the fact that God loves me!! That is
tremendous.
 
People name drop from time to time. They say,
"I know so and so, (always a movie star, or very
important person like the president of the United
States). In fact, some have their picture taken
with other people. They proudly display this picture.
 
One lady I know had her picture taken with Willy
Nelson, the singer. She proudly displays this picture
and will tell any one who will listen about that
moment when the picture was taken.
 
But God loves me. He is far more important than
Willy Nelson, or even President Bush. He created
EVERYTHING, including these people, and me.
And he loves me. I have His word saying so.
 
In fact, Paul asks, "if God be for us, who can be
against us?" It doesn't matter. God is for us, he
loves us, and that is allthat really matters, isn't it?
 
And someday soon we will see Him face to
face. And He will LOVE us personally. I can
hardly wait. Heaven awaits us.
 
Let's go!!!
 
Until next time,
David A. Youngs

No comments: