Friday, July 6, 2007

A great big cat



"SAMMY I AM ME" has grown up to be one of the largest house cats I have ever seen. He just kept growing and growing. His legs are about the length of a regular cats but of course are much bigger around, but his body is about the length of 1 1/2 ordinary cats.

One night I was sitting in the car listening to Art Bell on the Coast to Coast AM radio program when I get the eerie feeling I was being watched. I turned my head and there, looking right at me in the car window, was Sammy. He was standing on his hind legs and he easily could look in the car window!!

Sammy likes to ride in the car!! One day my wife said "Sammy, would you like to go for a ride with me?" He got up, stretched and then followed her out to the gate. He waited patiently while she opened the gate and unlocked the car door. When she opened the door, Sammy jumped right in. It was like he completely understood the question she asked him.

Oh, and Sammy is HEAVY. He must weigh at least 20 pounds. He is not really fat, just chunky. And super strong. When he jumps on the bed at night, it feels like a brick coming down on your leg. When my wife leans back in her computer chair, he likes to lay on her chest. Lately she has been complaining about how HEAVY he is.

I finally had to come and rescue her this afternoon. I pulled Sammy off her and put him up on the cat tree. He is HEAVY!! Fortunately he is the most mellow of our cats. He is wary of strangers, but he doesn't run when a visitor enters the room like the others do. He looks them over and then kind of shrugs and says, "Okay, if you are here, that is all right. But don't make any sudden movements."

I'll tell you more about the cats in a future post.

Until then, I hope you have a great fun time.

David

No comments: