Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The back injury and playing golf

Well, after my brother-in-law Dale hurt his back digging mud out of the bottom of the swimming pool, he decided he was injured and should collect some money because of his injury. So he turned in a claim. And then one fine day, Dale decided that playing golf might help loosen up his injured back and proceeded to go out to the golf course and play a round of golf. I don't know how well he did, or what his final score was.

Unfortunately, that was the very day the insurance adjuster called and wanted to talk to Dale. My mother said, "well, I think you can find him on the golf course." There was a moment of silence and then the adjuster (who apparently could not believe his ears) asked, rather astonished, "Did you say the golf course?" I guess he was pretty amazed that somebody with a back injury that prevented him from working would find himself able to play a round of golf!

I don't know if Dale was ever successful in getting any money for his injury. And I don't know if playing golf really helped his back any or not. But I do know the insurance adjuster just could not believe his ears when told that Dale was on the golf course playing golf. Somehow, I don't think that playing golf helped Dale convince the insurance adjuster that his back was badly injured.

Happy golfing,
David A. Youngs

No comments: