Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Horrors of Computer Viruses

Image enhancement by the famous John Bond of Far Northern California--thanks John.

We have all been told over and over "back up your hard drive," but how many people actually do it? I know that I don't. I just wait until a virus makes it past all my online protection (I am using SBC/Yahoo) and then I reformat my hard drive and reinstall Windows.

Of course I lose all my important data. I don't have a clue who was in my address book. I don't have the important pictures my wife took of our cats.

The worst is that I also lose all the programs I bought via the internet. I don't have the download any more and I definitely lost the password or key to unlock them. So I am out all those programs.

So why don't I back up my hard drive? Oh wow! Do you know how long that would take? I would have to find some blank dvd's and then start backing up. And it could take a long time.

Okay, maybe I am being penny wise and pound foolish. But how many other people do you know who haven't backed up anything yet?

BACK IT UP!!
David A. Youngs
http://polybids.com/

No comments: