Monday, April 16, 2007

My aching shoulder

Picture to left enhanced by John Bond....

I hurt myself about four months ago. I was in bed and was reading while leaning on my left elbow. Suddenly something in my shoulder made a tearing noise accompanied immediately by intense pain. I think I somehow tore my rotator cuff.



This happened back in December or so, and I have been telling the doctor about it each month during our visits. Finally I reminded him about the shoulder today. He checked his records and found out where x-rays were taken back in January.



So I think I am on the verge of being scheduled to go see an orthopedic surgeon. My guess is that after he does his initial investigation, I will be scheduled for some type of surgery to reattach something or other in the shoulder joint.



Today I also found out that I had gained a whole pile of weight since I checked in about a month ago. I guess my eating out has taken its toll. So, I am going to have to cut back on fat foods again. I hate dieting... the first three letters of diet are die!!



I need to refocus on getting healthy.



Happy health hunting,



David A. Youngs

No comments: