Friday, March 23, 2007

Are Your Pets Making You Sick?

My wife loves cats and so do I. When we moved into the motor home about 6 years ago, we didn't have any pets. But we saved a couple of little kittens from certain death. The man we were staying with was a very practical man and said, "my cat has had kittens. Unless you want to take those kittens, I have enough cats and I am going to kill them." Oh, that approach guaranteed my wife would at least go and look at the kittens. Of course once she saw them, it was all over for me and suddenly we had two little kittens.

My allergies began to increase about that time. I know that pets can cause problems. Well, in the course of time, these two little kittens grew up into adult FEMALE cats. And one day there was some commotion in the tree and upon investigation I discovered that there was a large male cat there who was paying undue attention to my cats. They subsequently became pregnant.

In time suddenly we had 10 little kittens milling around the motor home. The mother cats put all 10 kittens in one big pile, and both would go and periodically nurse them. And my allergies became seriously worse.

Good breathing,
David A. Youngs
http://polybids.blogspot.com
polybids@gmail.com

No comments: