Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Back to the Medical Supply Store

Hey guess what? Well, you would never guess, so I will simply tell you. I have had the CPAP machine almost two weeks now. They called up and told me to bring in the unit I am using because they needed to download the information that it has been quietly gathering regarding my sleep habits using the CPAP machine. When I got there, the nice lady disassembled my CPAP machine into its two basic componants: the air pump, and the moisturizing unit. Then she pulled out the memory card from the air pump unit.

She slid the data card into a card reader and presently was able to tell me that since I have been using the CPAP machine, I no longer stop breathing more than 90 times an hour. NO! Now I have been stopping breathing only 2.7 times an hour. I asked how a person could stop breathing .7 times. ;-)

The nice lady has a wicked laugh, very much like the Riddler had in the first Batman movie. Remember the Riddler laying there on the ground after he fell from the building? He had this incredible laugh that went on and on. And then we found out it was just a recording of a laugh.

Any way, she then put together my final machine without the data card. Did you know that I can get a new mask every three months? She recommends getting one at least every six months. We talked about my painting the mask black and running around at Halloween going, "Luke, this is your father," like Darth Vader in Star Wars. Maybe I should change that to "trick or treat."

I have the CPAP machine set up to auto start when I start breathing. It is so neat to take a couple of deep breaths and suddenly the CPAP machine comes on and pumps your lungs just pack full of air.

I sure have a pile more energy now I am using the CPAP machine.

Happy sleeping and great dreams
David A. Youngs
polybids@yahoo.com
http://polybids.blogspot.com

No comments: